Top 10 Things To Do While “Social Distancing”
1. Have a Game Night
– 31 Fun Games for Family Game Night
– 10 Best Adult Party Games That’ll Make Any Game Night
Download fun game apps such as:
– Heads Up
2. Get Ahead of Spring Cleaning
Take this time to declutter and reorganize your home or apartment!
– 100 Best Organizing Tips for the Tidiest Home Ever– How to Store Your Winter Clothes
– 10 Marie Kondo Organization Tips That Will Change Your Life
3. Cook Philly Staples in Your Kitchen!
– Res Ispa’s Agrodolce Chicken
– Yehuda Sichel’s Matzo Ball Soup
– Marc Vetri’s Tagliatelle with Wild Mushrooms
– Vernick’s Pea Butter And Bacon Toast
4. Have an At-Home Date Night
– 20 Romantic At-Home Date Night Ideas For Everyone
– Take your time + make your favorites from scratch — Sushi, Gnocchi, Ice Cream
5. Read a Book
– The New York Times Best Sellers
– Barnes & Noble Stores’ Bestsellers
– Elle’s Best Books Of 2020 (So Far)
6. Start Spring Home Maintenance
– 10 Home Maintenance Tips for Spring
– The Annual Home Maintenance Checklist
– 15 Spring Home Maintenance Tips
7. Brainstorm Idea’s for Home Improvement Projects
– Boost Curb Appeal With Shutters
– Add Seasonal Planters and Window Boxes
8. Workout at Home
– How to Start an At-Home Yoga Practice
– Find the Best At-Home Workouts for You
9. Go For a Walk + Look at Nature
10. Get Rest + Strengthen Your Immune System
– 7 Mistakes That Can Weaken Your Immune System (and How to Fix Them)
– Facts (and Myths) About Boosting Your Immune System
5 Tips For Working From Home
1. Location, Location, Location
Try to find yourself a dedicated and comfortable spot to work that you can associate with your job and leave when you’re off the clock — that means get off the couch, and definitely out of bed. Click here for more info.
2. Bring The Outdoors In
If you do not have any greens in your designated work from home location, consider adding some indoor plants to create a more inviting and creative space. Plus, they make your home’s air healthier! Check out the link here for some ways to freshen up your home décor with a touch of green.
3. Re-purpose your commute
A major perk of working from home is ditching the commute. Use this time in the morning for a workout, self-renewal, or family time.
4. Show your face
When possible, use video over the standard conference call to help create more interactions and avoid loneliness.
Checkout video conferencing resources such as Zoom, BlueJeans, Skype, or Lifesize.
5. Create lists
Every morning, create a list of what you will deliver by the end of the day. If it’s helpful, scribble these down the night before so you can dive straight into work in the morning.
If you don’t have a physical notepad handy, I LOVE the “Google Keep” in G Suite. Keep offers a variety of tools for taking notes, including text, lists, images, and audio.